Can you believe that we are already in the second quarter of 2017? Time flies and I realized that I missed to blog about the “Best of February”. It’s seems so long ago already, but I just sum it up in one sentence:
The Highlights of my February were my first two Meetup events, visiting Berlin and Beyond opening party in the Castro Theatre in SF, a friend visiting from Germany and skiing trip to Tahoe with wonderful friends.
Now let’s talk about the Best of March, because this month was even better than the one before.
1. On the first weekend we went to Napa for my daughter’s gym meet. Since the drive is about 2 hours and the kids had to be at the venue at 7.45 we decided to make a trip out of it. We took a tour at the “Jelly Belly” Factory and since it was raining a lot, then went to the Napa Factory Outlets to get some clothes for everyone. We stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Fairfield and I can totally recommend this hotel if you don’t mind staying outside of Napa and look for an affordable accommodation. It’s much cheaper than staying in Napa or Napa Valley itself.
2. A few days later I left my family back in CA to fly to Germany and visit my family and friends. My mom had a surgery, nothing major, but I just wanted to be there for her. I had a great time, sometimes quite emotional, but overall totally worth it. I love going on the occasional trip all by myself and having some alone time. This trip had so many highlights: being there for my parents, having coffee with old friends, running along the Rhine, going to a German book store, eating a Currywurst, seeing the Dom, beautiful sunsets, drinking Gin & Tonics with my friends and visiting my old hood Ehrenfeld.
3. Since I flew via Reykjavik with WOW Airlines, I decided to take the opportunity and pay Iceland a one day visit on my way back to the US. It was so great and I have to go back because I didn’t see the Northern Lights. You can read all about it here in my post: 24 hours in Iceland.
4. We received our Green Cards in January and for the first time in almost nine years, I could go to the “Citizens and Permanent Residents” line at the Homeland Security Port of Entry at SFO.
5. On March, 19th I ran the “She’s beautiful” 10k in Santa Cruz. It’s a beautiful race where you run mostly on West Cliff Drive along the Pacific Ocean.
6. Her looks during the visit in Washington:
For the 4th month of 2017 I have these things to look forward to:
A birthday brunch for my husband
A few days at the beach
Easter breakfast with my family
More Meetup events
Making a decision
The Half Moon Bay Triathlon
What are you up to?