Best of April
Another month has passed and here are my highlights of April 2017.
1. Two beautiful wildflower hikes, one with my family and one with a dear friend.
2. A visit of the Mystery Spot.
It is a gravitational anomaly located in the redwood forests just outside of Santa Cruz. It is a circular area of effect around 150 feet or 46 meters in diameter. Within the Mystery Spot you will be stunned as your perceptions of the laws of physics and gravity are questioned.
3. Beach time and dinner in Capitola, a quaint little beach town south of Santa Cruz.
4. A day in Columbia, a historic gold rush town in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
You can ride the stage coach, take a tour at the museum and pan for gold. Great fun for families!
5. Half Moon Bay Triathlon
I raced my 9th triathlon and got 8th place in my age group. Not too shabby.
6. Last weekend we spent a wonderful weekend with friends in Marin.
You should check out the town of Bolinas if you get the chance.
7. One of the most scenic bike rides I’ve ever done:
Fairfax Bolinas Road/Ridgecrest Boulevard
For the 5th month of 2017 I have these things to look forward to:
My daughter’s 10th birtday
9 years in California
24 hours in San Francisco with friends
my parents visiting
Maui & Kauai
What are you up to?